ActiveWords delivers a complete personal tagging system. Make a small investment in tagging all the things you do with words that mean something to you. Then, simply trigger those words, your ActiveWords, to instantly get what you want.
Trigger the word "yahoo" and go to "www.yahoo.com". Trigger the word "cnn" to go to "www.cnn.com". Trigger the word "excel" to launch Microsoft Excel. By-pass the maze. Get want you want, instantly!
InkPad is included free with ActiveWords PLUS, extending your ActiveWords from keyboard to ink with a Windows XP Tablet PC.
You can name any action with multiple tags, as well as assign the same tag to multiple actions. You can move your personal ActiveWords vocabulary from computer to computer. Your ActiveWords vocabulary increases in value over time as it encompasses more and more of your world.
ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icon
Press the stylus on the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icon to toggle the floating Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon to show or hide from the display.
Press the stylus while holding down the selection button to display the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icon "right-click" menu. Use this menu to:
- Control whether the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon is docked on the Taskbar or floating on the display.
- Control the display of "size handles" to resize the ActiveWords InkPad and to resize and re-position the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon when it is set to float on the display. Once satisfied with the size and position of these elements the "size handles" can be hidden using this control.
- Control whether the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon is shown or hidden when the main icon is floating.
- Open the Settings dialog. The Settings dialog controls transparency of the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon when floating and controls colors used on the ActiveWords InkPad (borders, inking surface and ink).
- Exit AWInkPad.
Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon
The Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon is used to display the ActiveWords InkPad, where the user enters and triggers ActiveWords. This main icon can be located either on the Taskbar (installation default) or float on the display. The floating icon can be moved and resized. The icon's transparency level can be adjusted through Settings available from the ActiveWords InkPad or from the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray Icon "right-click" menu.
Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon displayed in Taskbar:
Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon displayed floating with "handles":
Drag left "handle" to reposition. Drag right "handle" to resize.
Once the size and position are set in the desired way, select "Hide size handles" from the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray "right-click" menu, and the handles are removed:
The InkPad is displayed by using the stylus to hover above or click on the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon. The "hover" or "click" controls are located in the Settings dialog. The control is set to "hover" at installation.
- Use the stylus to enter ActiveWords within the inkpad area. Note the real time recognition at the top of the InkPad.
- Trigger inked ActiveWords by moving the point of the stylus away from ActiveWords InkPad.
- ActiveWords InkPad will automatically close and the action for the ActiveWord will be triggered.
Limitations and suggestions:
- The ability to operate on selected text when using a stylus is not implemented.
- After settling on a preferred mode for the Main ActiveWords InkPad Icon (Taskbar or floating) and location/size you may also wish to hide the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icon.
- We recommend hiding the ActiveWords MonitorBar and the regular ActiveWords System Tray icon when using ActiveWords InkPad with the stylus.
To hide the ActiveWords MonitorBar right click on the ActiveWords System Tray icon and select "AWMonitor bar>Hide AWMonitor bar".
To hide the ActiveWords and ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icons right click on the System Tray, click the "Customize" button, click the "ActiveWords" listing, select, "Always hide" from the related pull-down menu, then click the "OK" button. You may also wish to hide the ActiveWords InkPad System Tray icon once you have determined your preference of leaving the Main ActiveWords InkPad icon on the Taskbar or let it float.
Watch live demos
- Tablet PC running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition (Tablet PC 2005 recommended).
- ActiveWords PLUS or ActiveWords ENTERPRISE version 1.9 or higher.
ActiveWords InkPad is now included in the ActiveWords PLUS installer. You can download the ActiveWords InkPad installer here for use with ActiveWords ENTERPRISE.
You receive an immediate 5 day trial. You can register to extend your trial for 60 days. The trial is risk free and fully functional. Learn more about ActiveWords PLUS and InkPad at http://www.activewords.com